Warehouse worker with experience (with VOG) , in Netherlands
EDCO is looking for motivated all-round logistics staff, who want to work in their distribution center. In logistics, EDCO has various departments in the warehouse: inbound, storage/order pick, outbound, and Newco. Edco will then choose where the worker will be placed. Training will be provided.
Do you want to work for an international wholesaler? Do you want to grow your job title in a solid company? EDCO has locations in Deurne, Eindhoven, and Moerdijk. Candidates should be temporarily available for all locations.
Under the direction of a supervisor, you are responsible for:
- Carry out the operational logistic basic tasks with regard to the flow of goods in accordance with the established work instructions and quality requirements;
- Voice picking, or outbound, selecting orders from commands you will hear through a headset;
- Use internal warehouse management system to track inventories, validate packing slips and other delivery documentation;
- Following safety and hygiene regulations maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion.
You might be requested to drive EPT, Forklift, or a Reach Truck:
- Collect orders by foot, with a cart or pallet truck and a scanner;
- Load and unload the containers, putting the boxes on the flat-belt conveyor;
- Collect orders with an order-pick truck, picking the right amount of boxes of the bulk pallet;
- Storage by scanning the pallets and driving them to the right locations, with a combi-truck;
- Transport between inbound, storage, and outbound with a reach truck.
Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis if needed.
Rotative shifts: working on weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Overtime might be requested to achieve daily targets.
Additionally to the salary per hour, you earn a weekly paid holiday allowance of 8.33% over your salary and there are allowances for late hours and weekend work.
Please note: If you live up to 10 km from work, you will need to ride a bicycle to work. If you live 15 – 20 km from work, you will get an e-bike (bicycle with an electric motor, faster). During high season, however, accommodations can be located far from the workplace (20-70 km). Transport for all employees is provided by the agency (bicycles/e-bikes or transit).
A holiday allowance of 8.33% of already been added to the hourly rate
Time window surcharge - standard hours sat 00:00-17:00 50%
Time window surcharge - standard hours sat 17:00-24:00 100%
Time window surcharge - standard hours Su 100%
- Previous work experience as an Order picker, working in a warehouse;
- Experience and/or certificate: EPT/Forklift or Reach Truck is an advantage (not mandatory);
- Team spirit and ability to work independently, meeting daily targets and being detail-oriented;
- No face or neck tattoos, or face piercings;
- VOG (Criminal Record Document) is a must;
- Strong and resistant due to heavy-lifting packages;
- Flexibility to work multitasking and overtime, if needed;
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills;
- Long-term availability to work in the Netherlands (minimum 6 months).
Good communication in English (B1 minimum)