Tree nursery assistant , in Netherlands
We have a new vacancy available at a tree company!
Our Dutch partner, a family owned company, specialized in a very large assortment of plants in pots and open ground, is looking for Tree nursery assistants, for the new season.
Do you like gardening or do you have experience in agriculture? Do you want to learn more about plants?
A nursery worker’s duties range from cultivating trees and keeping pests at bay by detecting plant diseases. In addition, a nursery worker should be physically strong, as lifting and transplanting shrubs, either by hand or using a wheelbarrow, is part of the nursery work.
Your main activities will include:
- pruning pots;
- Sort, pick and label orders to be then dispatched by trucks;
- Report any quality defect to shift supervisor;
- Other assigned tasks, if necessary.
Workers should be flexible towards working days and shifts. Temperature variations occur as you work inside and outside, but in case it rains, you will work inside.
Working days and days-off will be scheduled. This is a 38 hour-weekly working occupation, in a friendly working atmosphere.
Long term job offer.
- Experience working in garden nurseries is a plus;
- Willing to learn, with availability for training hours;
- Serious and motivated, team player;
- Attention to detail, working in a fast pace;
- Healthy (no allergies) and strong to face heavy lifting or weather variations, if needed;
- Flexibility towards working hours and days;
- Driving license - category B is an advantage;
- Long term availability to stay in the Netherlands.
Ability to speak English necessary; Polish is accepted as majority of working members are polish.