Production employee (day shift) Nijmegen, in Netherlands
In 1915, De Leeuw Hides N.V. was founded, and it has been in the family ever since. 4th generation family company is now one of the biggest traders in hides and skins in the market.
The company is currently looking for production employees to join their team! If you are ready for a stable job in a strong family business, this is the right offer for you!
In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
- Processing fresh skins into salted skins;
- Editing and sorting products by cutting the skin parts with special tools;
- Preserving skins according to instructions;
- Reporting to the shift supervisor any product defects;
- Following safety and hygiene regulations;
- Other requested tasks, if necessary.
The company is looking for stable, long-term employees. Work is organized into different day shifts. The company will provide work clothing and training for the position.
A physically demanding job, loud, and with a specific meat smell! The working environment is below room temperature.
You will have allowances for working the night shifts of 125% (€15,79 gross per hour).
- CV in English is required to apply for this vacancy;
- Previous experience working with meat or agriculture will be a plus;
- Physically strong, ready for lifting and hard-demanding work;
- Capable of working at a 15-degree temperature during the day;
- Ready to work with animal skins and salt;
- Resistant to strong smells and loud noises;
- Flexibility with working schedules;
- Willingness to live and work together with multiple nationalities;
- Available to stay in the Netherlands long-term.
Minimum A2 level of English, German, or Dutch.