Infra Network Security Connectivity Engineer (€3240 to €5400). Utrecht, in Netherlands
Our client is a cooperative bank with over 8,5 million customers. Through large and small initiatives, the bank aims to make the world a little bit better. They support local enterprises and larger non-profit organizations and thus contribute to the welfare and prosperity of the community.
About the position:
Within IT Infra Network, Security & Connectivity (NC&S)/Network Tooling (NMS) delivers and maintains global network management tools and automation (within the NS&C department). The main focus is to deliver and maintain applications that our network engineers use in there day to day network/security operations. This work is done in a small scrum team. We are looking for one new employee to join our team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining and developing network managements solutions in a global environment.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support to solve incidents and/or problems during business hours, and periodic standby support outside of business hours.
- Translating functional questions of NMS users in technical solutions.
- Automating manual operations.
- Security & Compliance.
- Input for capacity planning.
- Operational capacity management.
- Maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Managing software and hardware licenses, and device upgrades where required.
- Maintaining operational support procedures.
- Create, solve and change problem tickets.
- Lifecycle management projects on NMS systems (with our without vendors).
- Maintaining entries in Change Management Database (CMDB).
- 3 to 5 years of experience in network management system support.
- Thinking from the outside in / Working together.
- Inspiring and influencing / Communication power.
- Putting customers’ interests first / Collaboration.
- Independent and substantiated judgments / Focus on customer interests.
- Achieving / innovating results.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
If you want to apply for this role, we will need the following information from you:
- Most recent CV, in Word format, max 5 x A4, in the English language
- Motivational letter, specially written according to the vacancy (so it covers the requirements)
- Validation of CV and/or certificates
- Good motivation and focus on the application!
- Explanation towards the requirements (why does the candidate fit)
- Explanation of the requirements and competencies set [red highlighted]!
- At least 1 recent reference, which can be verified!
- Name, Address, Living place details
- Salary wishes of the candidate
- Holiday planning of candidate
Due to the 30% ruling, which is a tax advantage applicable for you as a highly-skilled immigrant, you will pay fewer taxes when working in the Netherlands for the first 5 years. For example, when you receive a gross salary of 5.000 Euros per month, you can expect to get around 4.400 euros net.
The salary of the candidate will depend on the experience; This is a long-term job offer, 36 working hours per week, with 12 months of work with a possibility to get a permanent contract. There is the possibility of working 40% remotely.
- Proven Knowledge of and/or certification in SolarWinds.
- Experience in support and deployment of Network Management Tools in general.
- Experience in support and deployment of SNMP monitoring.
- Experience in support and deployment of databases (SQL).
- Experience in support and deployment of Perl and Python scripts.
- Experience in support and deployment of AD authentication and certificates.
- Experience in support and deployment of APIs scripts and calls.
- Experience in working with vendors.
- Familiarity and experience with network management tools such as Splunk, Infoblox, IPAM.
- Familiarity with protocol analysis tools.
- Generic knowledge of routing/switching/VPNs/Firewalls/DNS networks.
- Knowledge and experience with data center environments.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud solutions.
- Familiarity with DevOps teams and the Agile way of work.
Proficient in spoken and written English.