Warehouse cleaning employee Nieuwegein, in Netherlands
Sligro is the market leader in the food service wholesale market. They are driven by enthusiasm and the will to win and succeed. They are not only specialists in the field of food but, above all, enthusiasts. Sligro is part of the Sligro Food Group, which includes several specialized food production companies. With about 11,000 employees, they are one of the larger employers in the Netherlands.
Our partner is looking for a warehouse cleaning employee to join their team in Nieuwegein!
As a warehouse cleaning employee, you will be responsible for the following:
- Daily cleaning of the floors in the warehouse following the cleaning plan;
- Removing waste and breakage from the floor;
- Keeping clean the outdoor area, loading, unloading, and parking areas;
- Emptying the trans-bins (paper, cardboard, or plastic in the correct waste bin on the press container);
- Cleaning walls, route signs, return rack, doors, and bumpers;
- Ensuring proper use of sweeper and scrubber.
The salary is €13.70 gross per hour. The salary will be paid weekly and includes a 10.5% holiday allowance and extra-legal holiday hours.
You will work in two shifts, from 6 AM to 2 PM and from 2 PM to 10 PM.
You will usually work 36 hours per week, but there is the possibility of working overtime. Sometimes, when it’s busy, the company will ask you to work overtime on Saturday or Sunday.
You will work in a friendly work environment. The company will ensure internal training when you start a job.
The company has a well-equipped canteen where you can grab lunch at a great price. You can also get free coffee, tea, sodas, and fresh fruit there.
This job is physically demanding, so you have to be physically fit. Safety shoes are necessary for working, but the agency will provide them.
You must be available to work at least 96 hours for 4 weeks.
52 weeks of work is phase A, and good employees will go to phases B and C and have the opportunity to get a contract with the company.
You can drive your own car to work, and you’ll have the following net fuel compensation:
- €3.50 for driving between 11 and 15 km;
- €5.00 for driving between 16 and 20 km;
- €6.5 for driving more than 21km.
If you don’t have your own car, you can rent one from an agency. In that case, you will have a fuel compensation of €0.15 per km.
You will have the following allowances:
- 125% for working Monday through Friday from 4 AM to 6 AM, and from 7 PM to 10 PM;
- 150% for working Monday through Friday between 10 PM and 4 AM and on Saturday between 12 AM and 12 PM;
- 200% for working on Saturday after 12 PM, and all hours on Sunday and bank holidays.
- CV in English is necessary to apply for this position;
- Ready to work in cold rooms (below room temperature);
- Physically fit and ready for a demanding job;
- Responsible and serious;
- Willingness to work during holidays;
- No use of alcohol and drugs;
- Able to work independently and in a team;
- Willingness to live and work with multiple nationalities;
- Available to stay longer in the Netherlands.
Minimum B1 level of English or Dutch.