Tomatoes greenhouse worker (in NL) Steenbergen, in Netherlands, from 10,21€/hour
- Preparation of the plants;
- Transplanting the plants, handling cautiously;
- Nurturing the plants and pruning the tomatoes before cropping, according to team leaders’ instructions;
- Picking the tomatoes for the harvest;
- Sorting tomatoes according to their quality.
People are entitled to a holiday payment that amounts 8% of the actual wage: Holiday reservation will be paid during holiday or if contract terminates.
- Some experience working in greenhouses, specially in tomato bagging “zakken”, as the way how the tomatoes are handled at harvesting also impacts the presentation of the tomato at the market;
- Ready to work in warm environment (during summer it can be +30ºC inside of the greenhouse to allow the fruit to grow);
- Enthusiastic and motivated workers, who don’t mind to tackle;
- In good health and willing to do a physical and demanding job as there might be some bending and heavy tasks to be carried out;
- Motivation to stay for a long period in the Netherlands;
- Availability to stay in the Netherlands at least 6 months without holidays, as during the harvest season is not possible to have holidays.
Basic communication in Dutch or English language is required