Production worker (vegetables) Zwaagdijk, in Netherlands
As a vegetable factory worker at Hessing, you need to prepare and pack fresh produce.
The work tempo is high, and there are possibilities to grow and learn new things. The factory has several departments where different jobs are done:
- Washing, cutting, peeling, preparing, selecting, and sorting.
- Checking on product quality.
- Mixing various products (for salads).
- Preparation of fruit and vegetable snacks.
- Cutting products using a knife or machine.
- Pump carts, lifts, and tilting devices are used to relocate the containers.
Work is quite physically demanding. The crates of production can reach a weight of 20 kg. Work is in shifts, and employees receive additional shift allowance.
The environment is cold, wet, and noisy. Temperature around +3 degrees, feels colder in combination with moist. Earplugs are always available. The floor is wet meaning waterproof shoes are mandatory. Health, hygiene, and work safety regulations need to be strictly followed
There are different transport options, by bike up to 10km, and by Hobij car starting from 10km. All candidates without a driver’s license have to be ready to ride a bicycle to work up to 10km.
A salary of €13,24 includes a 10,5% holiday allowance and irregular holiday hours, paid weekly.
From 00:00 to 06:00 Mon-Sat: 140%
From 19:00 to 23:00 Mon-Fri: 125%
From 15:00 to 23:00 Sat: 125%
From 23:00 to 00:00 Mon-Fri: 140%
From 23:00 to 00:00 Sat: 200%
- CV in English is required, CV must have the correct e-mail & phone number plus the correct home country address for health insurance purposes.
- Ready to work in a cool, humid environment;
- Follow hygiene and safety rules - no jewelry, piercings, dreadlocks, and all hair should be covered during work (also beard and mustache);
- Able to work physically demanding work, lifting crates;
- Motivated for long-term employment.