Production worker (vegetables) Zwaagdijk, in Netherlands
As a vegetable factory worker at Hessing, you need to prepare and pack fresh production.
The factory has several departments where different jobs are done:
- Washing, cutting, peeling, preparing, selecting, sorting.
- Checking on product quality.
- Mixing various products (for salads).
- Preparation of fruit and vegetable snacks.
- Cutting products using a knife or machine.
- Pump carts, lifts, and tilting devices are used to relocate the containers.
Work is quite physically demanding. The crates of production can reach a weight of 20 kg. Work is in shifts, employees receive additional shift allowance.
The environment is cold, wet, and noisy. Temperature around +3 degrees, feels colder in combination with moist. Earplugs are always available. The floor is wet meaning waterproof shoes are mandatory. Health, hygiene, and work safety regulations need to be strictly followed
Work tempo is high, there are possibilities to grow and learn new things.
From 00:00 to 06:00 Mon-Sat: 140%
From 19:00 to 23:00 Mon-Fri: 125%
From 15:00 to 23:00 Sat: 125%
From 23:00 to 00:00 Mon-Fri: 140%
From 23:00 to 00:00 Sat: 200%
- CV in English is required, before arrival, for safety measures during the COVID-19 period. The CV must have the correct e-mail & phone number plus the correct home country address for health insurance purposes.
- Ready to work in a cool, humid environment
- Follow hygiene and safety rules - no jewelry, piercings, dreadlocks, all hair should be covered during work (also beard and mustache)
- Able to work physically demanding work, lifting crates
- Motivated for long-term employment.