Mail warehouse worker (with VOG) , in Netherlands
Position is open for 150 daysAvailable positions: 3/3Salary: from 10.54€/h
PostNL, the largest Post Mail Warehouse in the Netherlands, is currently searching for warehouse workers who can act as mail and parcel loaders. You will sort mail within a warehouse environment, so customers receive mail in a timely manner. This job is now open for both male and female candidates. Females work in the mail sorting department doing lighter tasks.
Main tasks include:
- Load and unload parcels and various packages that arrive in containers, worldwide;
- Unload vehicles at the end of shift and properly file away mail that could not be delivered;
- Fix wet, spoiled, or broken packages.
- Labeling and inserting mail into trays and compartments;
- Feed mail and parcels into automated sorting machines;
- Sort and organize mail for future delivery;
- Send sorted mail and parcels to deliverers;
- Operate computer scanning equipment to check mail and parcels;
- Operate machinery to move mail and large boxes for distribution;
- Repair machinery, if necessary;
- Clean and sweep work areas and trucks where work is not performed by a regular cleaner.
Overall, you might be asked to manual mail processing and operating mail sorting machines. You also sort bulk mail geographically and by postage type, creating batches that move on to the next destination in the sorting and delivery process.
Working days may vary. You must be prepared to rotate shifts weekly, as it might be necessary to work in night shifts, weekends and holidays, as well, depending on the work overload.
There are different possible locations depending on the agency’s needs (Nieuwegein, Zaltbommel)
This is a long-term opportunity that will allow you to enhance your career while gaining valuable experience.
- The CV must have the correct e-mail & phone number plus the correct home country address for health insurance purposes.
- You will need to provide a VOG (criminal record document).
- Motivated people, with team spirit to sort mail for shipment;
- Resistant to be standing for an entire shift and strong enough to lift packages that can weigh from 0,5 kg to 15 kg, to move it from containers;
- Experience with EPT or Forklift driving (not mandatory but a plus);
- Driving license - Category B is a plus;
- Availability to stay in the Netherlands for 6 months (minimum).
English level: B1