Logistics Assistant (meat factory) (with experience) Veenendaal, in Netherlands
Jan Zandbergen, operating in the food sector, supplies its products to the meat industry, catering services and retail.
The company is currently looking for a Logistics Assistant, who will work directly with the Logistics Team Supervisor.
Your main tasks are:
- Collection and preparation of orders for dispatch;
- Weighing and packaging of products on different pallets;
- Packaging quality inspection, marking, expiration dates monitorization;
- Accurate (un)loading, assembly and transportation of pallets to different locations driving a forklift or reach truck;
- Other additional tasks: training new co-workers, etc.
2 Working shifts – Morning shift (from 05:00/06:00 – 15:00); Afternoon shift (15:00 – 00:00). Sometimes, depending of the daily workload, shifts may end later. Flexibility is necessary to work overtime and during weekends.
Temperatures onsite are cold and wet (0ºC/+3ºC). Work is physically heavy, as workers have to walk/stand and lift potential heavy packages during the entire shift. Warm working clothes and boots are provided. There is a resting area (smoking area + free coffee/tea). Full-time and long term job offer.
- CV in English is necessary to apply for this job;
- Similar warehouse experience in Logistics;
- Forklift/Reach Truck driving experience + certificate is a must;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously at a fast pace;
- Compliance with food hygiene and safety standards;
- Diligence in weighing/checking orders;
- Physically strong to work in cold environments;
- Problem-solver personality, motivated to adapt to different challenges;
- Capable to manage modern technologies;
- Flexibility toward work schedule;
- Fake nails or visible piercings are forbidden;
- Availability to stay in the Netherlands for +1 year.
Good English communication skills (B1 level minimum)