Hotel porter (with experience and motivation letter) , in Netherlands
The Grand Hotel Amrâth is a five-star deluxe hotel located in the former Shipping House. There are 205 rooms in total, including 22 suites, 8 conference rooms, the Bar Lounge, and a Spa & Wellness Center. The hotel is only 500 meters from the central station, from which you can take buses, trams, and metros to any part of the city.
This successful hotel is now looking for porters to join their team!
As a hotel porter, you will be responsible for the following:
- Carrying guests’ luggage;
- Fixing minor issues;
- Maintaining a clutter-free building entrance;
- Arranging taxi services upon request;
- Reporting damages, calling technicians, and monitoring repairs;
- Following evacuation rules in case of emergencies;
- Sweeping and mopping floors and vacuuming carpets;
- Directing guests to the reception area or the appropriate office/room;
- Managing various tasks on a daily basis to ensure great customer service.
It’s a long-term, full-time position. Work is in morning shifts according to the schedule (also on weekends). Weekends are not paid extra regarding CLA Horeca (collective labor agreement).
The hotel gives paid 3-day training, candidates will receive uniform after training, but have to arrive with their own black- shirt, trousers, and shoes!
Candidates have to take care of the lunch, or there is a possibility of eating in the hotel for about 4eur per day, but they have to let the hotel know upfront.
€ 12,22/h base + € 1.01/h holiday allowance= € 13,23/h
- CV in English is required for this position;
- Guest experience 1st class in work is an advantage for this position;
- Able to do various tasks during the day to ensure quality service;
- Eager to learn new tasks;
- Flexible for working in two shifts, weekends, and evenings;
- Positive, friendly and professional attitude;
- Representative appearance;
- Willingness to live and work with multiple nationalities;
- Ready to stay longer in the Netherlands.
B2 level of English