Forklift driver with certificate and experience Zwaagdijk, in Netherlands
Are you looking for a full-time job as a forklift driver working in three shifts? Have you always wanted to know where and how the salads, ready-to-eat vegetables, and fruit juices you can buy in the supermarket are prepared? Then this job in Zwaagdijk is your job!
Hessing BV has been in the business of cutting and processing fruit and vegetables for 60 years. Fresh ingredients are processed into ready-to-cook vegetables, processed fruit, and meal salads. These products are then delivered to supermarkets, fast food chains, wholesalers, catering companies, and caterers.
As a forklift driver, you will be responsible for the following:
- Stacking pallets;
- Operating a forklift;
- Lifting boxes (between 5 and 20 kg);
- Checking, counting, and labeling products;
- Ensuring products are in the correct location and ready for pickup by trucks.
The temperature at the workplace is around 3 °C, and it can be wet and noisy, but the agency provides the necessary personal protective equipment.
It’s against the rules to wear jewelry, piercings, fake eyelashes and nails, and too much perfume or aftershave. Clothes with sequins and studs are also prohibited. Fingernails must be kept short and unpainted, and makeup must be kept to a minimum.
The starting salary is €14.25 gross per hour, including a 10.5% holiday allowance and irregular holiday hours.
You will work 38 hours per week on average.
You will have training for various positions and the opportunity to get a permanent contract.
You will receive shift allowances varying from 125% to 140%.
- CV in English is required to apply for this position;
- Previous experience working as a warehouse worker and in possession of a certificate;
- Ready to work in a cold (3 °C) and wet environment;
- Physically strong and ready for demanding tasks;
- Flexible working in different shifts;
- Follow hygiene and safety rules—no jewelry, piercings, dreadlocks, and all hair should be covered during work (also beard and mustache);
- Willingness to live and work with multiple nationalities;
- Available to stay longer in the Netherlands.
Minimum B1 level of English.