Fish cutter Veghel, in Netherlands
Smit Vis is part of Sligro Food Group, managing the entire fish process from purchase to delivery in-house. The company is currently looking for fish cutting workers, for the new season!
Do you have knowledge about different species of fish and willingness to work with fresh fish!
Sligro will take time to explain you the work and you will have a buddy who will guide you on the work-floor. Your main activities will be:
- Cutting fish products;
- Sort and clean fish products;
- Report any quality defects to shift supervisor;
- Clean working area;
- Other assigned tasks include packing and labeling fish food products, according to customers specifications, before shipping, if necessary.
Working clothes and safety shoes will be provided by Sligro.
Working temperatures vary from +2ºC/7ºC. The production site can be either wet or cold.
3 scheduled shifts will be provided: morning (08:45 – 16:45); afternoon (11:30-20:00); evening (16:45-01:00). Depending on the workflow, people might be requested to work on Saturdays, holidays and overtime. It is possible to have 3 breaks: 2 x 15 min. plus 1 x 45 min. There is a smoking area and a canteen, where you pay 3EUR per food. Drinks (coffee, tea, etc,) and fruit are free.
Long term perspective, as the best workers can be invited to directly sign contract with Sligro, once temp contract ends.
Working in the cooling: € 0,42, per extra hour;
Also Allowance: irregular hours or overtime
- CV in English is necessary to apply for this job;
- 6 months experience in fish production is a must;
- Skilled using sharp tools (cutting knives);
- Team player and able to work independently in a fast pace;
- Flexible to work at different departments and shifts;
- Serious towards safety and hygiene regulations;
- Long term availability to work abroad.
Good English communication skills (B1 level minimum)