Cruise ship waiter (€2670 gross) , in Netherlands
Our partner in the Netherlands i-Hospitality is a specialized recruitment agency working in the hospitality industry. Focusing on chefs, waiters, front office, and housekeeping. They value their professionals and select them carefully. i-Hospitality works with many different restaurants and hotels, cruise ships, etc.
They are currently looking for a waiter/waitress to join the new crew for a cruise ship. If you have the required experience and good communication in English, this may be your opportunity!
Your daily tasks will include:
- greeting guests and taking drink and food orders;
- serving food and drinks in all departments on the ship (restaurant, bar, room service, sundeck) professionally;
- delivering food from the kitchen to the guests;
- manage a restaurant station of 45 to 50 guests, together with another waiter/waitress or barkeeper;
- following health code standards with regards to the handling of food;
- demonstrate a good safety awareness and participation in the safety drills.
- assisting in any other department when necessary.
- direct, seasonal contract till January 2023;
- 3 months probation period, health insurance;
- tip money included + lodging/housing and meals provided.
- crew entitled to 4 days off per month (all crew members work 7 days per week 10-12 hours per day. If a day off cannot be taken, the person will be compensated);
- a travel allowance of up to EUR 350 (EUR 35 per month, up to a maximum of EUR 350 per year), payable at the end of the contract or in January each year, unless otherwise agreed. The staff member shall pay travel expenses between holidays;
- the place of entry/departure will be determined with the candidate: there are different starting and ending points in Europe.
Accommodation: shared room on board with one other crew member (on some ships with more than one).
Uniform: is provided by the company: before arrival, the crewmember has to make sure to take black & white trousers, white shirts, and black & white shoes with her/him in case the uniform isn’t on board yet.
You will have to pass a medical examination in your home country. Covid vaccination or green pass is required.
If you are a suitable candidate, the company will schedule a video interview with you!
- CV in English is needed to apply for this vacancy;
- At least 1 year of previous experience as a waiter preferably in the hotel/cruise industry;
- Stress resistant, calm under pressure, team player with a positive approach;
- Open-minded and flexible with high social and cultural competencies;
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and listening skills;
- Endurance to walk and stand for long hours;
- Coordination to carry plates or trays;
- Professional attitude and appearance;
- Flexibility with working schedules and tasks;
- Ready to work and live together with multiple nationalities;
- Available for a seasonal contract till January 2023;
- Medical examination and covid vaccination or green pass are required;