Cruise ship pastry chef (from €3310 gross) , in Netherlands
Position is open for 398 daysAvailable positions: 2/2Salary: from /h
Our partner in the Netherlands i-Hospitality is a specialized recruitment agency working in the hospitality industry. With a particular focus on chefs, waiters, front office, and housekeeping. They value their professionals and select them carefully. i-Hospitality works with many different restaurants and hotels, cruise ships, etc.
They are currently looking for a pastry chef to join the new crew for a cruise ship. If you have the required experience and good communication in English, this may be your opportunity!
Your daily tasks will include:
- operate and manage the pastry section of a kitchen, working together with the other chefs;
- prepare a variety of baked goods;
- decorate and present pastries and baked goods tastefully and beautifully;
- monitor and order ingredients, supplies, and equipment;
- meet with customers to discuss custom-made desserts or baked goods for special occasions;
- ensure the bakery section of the kitchen adheres to health and safety regulations;
- develop new seasonal recipes and menus and keep up with the latest trends.
- direct, seasonal contract till January 2023;
- 3 months probation period, health insurance;
- tip money included + lodging/housing included.
- crew entitled to 4 days off per month (all crew members work 7 days per week 10-12 hours per day. If a day off cannot be taken, the person will be compensated);
- a travel allowance of up to EUR 350 (EUR 35 per month, up to a maximum of EUR 350 per year), payable at the end of the contract or in January each year, unless otherwise agreed. Travel expenses between holidays shall be paid by the staff member;
- the place of entry/departure will be determined with the candidate: there are different starting and ending points in Europe.
If you are a suitable candidate, the company will schedule a video interview with you!
- CV in English is needed to apply for this vacancy;
- Previous experience as a pastry chef, ideally in a fine-dining operation;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Punctual and hard-working, stress-resistant;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively;
- Professional attitude and appearance;
- Flexibility with working schedules and tasks;
- Self-motivated and able to work under your initiative;
- Ready to work and live together with multiple nationalities;
- Available for a seasonal contract till January 2023;