Cruise ship kitchen steward (from €2550 gross) , in Netherlands
Our partner in the Netherlands i-Hospitality is a specialized recruitment agency working in the hospitality industry. With a particular focus on chefs, waiters, front office, and housekeeping. They value their professionals and select them carefully. i-Hospitality works with many different restaurants and hotels, cruise ships, etc.
They are currently looking for kitchen stewards/commis de cuisine to join the new crew for a cruise ship. If you have the required experience and good communication in English, this may be your opportunity!
Your daily tasks will include:
- daily dishwashing of all kitchen equipment, china, glassware, and cutlery;
- correct and careful handling of all kitchen equipment;
- maintaining impeccable cleanliness, hygiene, and tidiness in the kitchen;
- assisting with the daily cleaning and preparation of the kitchen;
- correct handling and storage of all detergents and cleaning equipment used in the kitchen;
- assisting the Executive Chef in other required tasks.
- direct, seasonal contract till January 2023;
- 3 months probation period, health insurance;
- tip money included + lodging/housing and meals provided.
- crew entitled to 4 days off per month (all crew members work 7 days per week 10-12 hours per day. If a day off cannot be taken, the person will be compensated);
- a travel allowance of up to EUR 350 (EUR 35 per month, up to a maximum of EUR 350 per year), payable at the end of the contract or in January each year, unless otherwise agreed. Travel expenses between holidays shall be paid by the staff member;
- the place of entry/departure will be determined with the candidate: there are different starting and ending points in Europe.
You will have to pass a medical examination in your home country.
Covid vaccination or green pass is required.
If you are a suitable candidate, the company will schedule a video interview with you! The salary range depends on experience and will be determined after the interview.
- CV in English is needed to apply for this vacancy;
- Previous experience as a kitchen steward;
- Pleasant and communicative character, great team spirit;
- Punctual and hard-working, stress-resistant;
- Enthusiasm and willingness to work in the hospitality field;
- Professional attitude and appearance;
- Flexibility with working schedules and tasks;
- Ready to work and live together with multiple nationalities;
- Available for a seasonal contract till January 2023;
- Medical examination and covid vaccination or green pass are required;