Railway worker , in Belgium, from 14,64€/hour
Strukton Rail NV is one of the most advanced rail contractors in Belgium and part of the international Strukton group. In our more than 90 years of existence, we have built up extensive experience and knowledge both nationally and internationally. Responsible for a high-quality range of rail works, including rail, signalling and catenary works in the rail infrastructure. And that translates into our employees who are flexible, driven go-getters who are eager to achieve the company objectives and thus their own ambitions.
Your tasks as a construction rail way worker may include:
- Securing the construction site and the construction site environment by means of signs, beacons, diversions, …
- Installing and maintaining rails, crossbeams, ballast and railway equipment.
- Digging pits, placing concrete blocks with a crane, pulling cables, placing changing points, filling of crushed stone…
You will be part of Strukton Catenary Europe (SCE) based in Merelbeke (Strukton Rail NV). Our work mainly focuses on assignments within the rail infrastructure. We carry out this work with a team of driven specialists who are always on the lookout for optimization of technology, quality and safety.
Your work will be 40 hours guaranteed of work weekly with the possibility of doing over time on weekends. You must be flexible with work schedules and hours. This as any other construction work is a physically demanding job, strong and healthy candidates are required for this task.
Night in the week = hours x 125%
Day on Saturday = hours x 150%
Day on Sunday = hours x 200%
Night on Saturday = hours x 175%
Night on Sunday = hours x 225%
- CV in english is needed to apply to this job
- Minimum 1 year of recent experience is a must
- Drivers licence
- Physically healthy and strong, its a demanding job.
- Availability to stay in Belgium long term.
English level minimum B1