C category driver (shunter) , in Belgium, from 13,42€/hour
Our partners in Belgium DPD group are currently looking for Shunters *category C drivers, a shunter is the person who drives the truck to distribute the containers attached to the trucks internally, swapping and parking the trucks from the loading and unloading sites to other places within the warehouse it self.
If you have a category C drivers license this is the job for you! no need to have experience but the license is a must, the company will provide training, since you will only be driving these trucks inside the warehouse and working with other shunters who will help you get more experience managing these trucks.
Other warehouse tasks may be needed to perform as an employee, as responsible for loading, unloading and preparing the goods for shipment using various tools (e.g. barcode scanners). The worker will register and administer the flow of goods and take care of 1st line maintenance of the immediate working environment and resources.
- Shunting of deposited swap bodies at the loading and unloading bays (as efficiently as possible according to the predefined procedure).
- Maintenance and control of the shunting vehicle (as efficient as possible according to the procedure).
- LTS crews.
- Checking of swap bodies according to safety procedure.
- Loading control, Unloading control and Scanning
- Maintenance of the scanning cabinets
- Carrying out small mechanical interventions
-over time 150%
-night shift 12.5%
-early morning/ evening 7.5%
7,5 euros in meal vouchers.
- A CV in english is needed to apply to this job.
- Category C driver license is a must.
- Experience as a shunter will be an advantage.
- Flexibility with work schedules
- Availability to stay in Belgium long term.
English level minimum B1