Meat packer Haarlem, in Netherlands, from 10,91€/hour
Are you currently located in the Netherlands for at least 10 days?
Danish Crown, that recently acquired Dutch bacon manufacturer Zandbergen, is a factory that produces a range of products such as sliced, diced and pre-cooked bacon to retailers, wholesalers, hotels and other food service outlets in Europe.
The company is looking for production workers, for the Meat Packing Department. Employees will be responsible for:
- Preparing the meat for processing;
- Packing meat products, controlling the packing process by labeling meat before transport. Single packages are assembled in larger boxes on pallets to be dispatched to trucks.
Working is in 2 shifts, from 06:00 am or 15:00 pm. Shift ends once daily target is achieved: max.12 hours shifts. People must be flexible to work overtime.
In packing and production departments, working temperatures are cold and wet inside (from 0ºC to + 3ºC). Work is physically heavy, as workers have to walk and/or stand during the entire shift and there is also necessary to lift packages. Workers will be provided with working clothes and boots as well as protection when working with knives. Workers are requested to follow company and food hygiene and safety rules.
There is a resting area, where workers can take 1 hour break, including a smoking area with free drinks (coffee/tea).
Long term job offer.
- Currently located in the Netherlands for at least 10 days;
- Availability to be trained as line operator;
- Healthy and Strong - Physical demanding job in a cold environment;
- Being able to work independent and fast;
- Flexible in working hours and routine tasks;
- Gel nails or visible piercings are forbidden;
- Driving License - category B: 1 out of 2 needs to have DL, as due to COVID restrictions only 2 people are allowed per car;
- Availability to stay in the Netherlands 1 year or longer.
Basic English skills.